Human Trafficking Resources
A Guide for Legal Advocates Providing Services to Victims of Crimes-The U Visa Manual
- March, 2010
- NY-Anti Trafficking Network Legal Subcommittee's Manual is a comprehensive guid as to the U-visa application's procedure and criterion, benefits, special considerations, and a complete list of all required forms and supporting documents.
A Guide for Legal Advocates Providing Services to Trafficking Survivors-The T Visa Manual
- January, 2009
- NYC Anti-Trafficking Network Legal Subcommittee's Manual discussing the background of the T-visa, suggesting points to consider in evaluating a client's eligibility for the T-visa. Furthermore the Manual evaluates the statute and the regulations, and offers step by step instruction on preparing a T-visa application for consideration by USCIS.
A Guide for Legal Advocates Providing Services to Victims of Human Trafficking
USCCB, MRS, CLINIC, and Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles's comprehensive guide that provides an overview of the definition of trafficking and immigration laws, assessments to meet the needs of victims, analysis, explanation for proceeding with T-visas,overview of public benefits and other forms of immigration relief, and further resources.
Child Trafficking Victims' Routes to Federal Benefits
- Memorandum produced by LIRS and USCCB explaining the different options for a a child to obtain federal benefits.
Requesting a Letter of Eligibility for a Trafficked Child
- Memorandum produced by LIRS and USCCB suggesting how to obtain a letter of eligibility from HHS.
Human Trafficking: A Resource Guide to U.S. Law
- The Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles's compilation of legislation, regulations and government memoranda surround the T-visa.