Human Trafficking Resources
A Guide for Legal Advocates Providing Services to Victims of Crimes - The U Visa Manual
- March, 2010
- This manual prepared by the NY-Anti Trafficking Network Legal Subcommittee explains U visa application procedures, criterion, benefits, and special considerations, and contains a complete list of all required forms and supporting documents.
A Guide for Legal Advocates Providing Services to Trafficking Survivors - The T Visa Manual
- January, 2009
- This manual prepared by the NYC Anti-Trafficking Network Legal Subcommittee discusses the background of the T visa, suggests points to consider in evaluating a client's eligibility, evaluates the statute and the regulations, and offers step-by-step instruction on preparing a T-visa application for consideration by USCIS.
A Guide for Legal Advocates Providing Services to Victims of Human Trafficking
This comprehensive guide by USCCB, Migration and Refugee Services, CLINIC, and the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles provides an overview of the definition of trafficking and immigration laws, assessments to meet the needs of victims, analysis, explanation for proceeding with T visas, an overview of public benefits and other forms of immigration relief, and further resources.
Child Trafficking Victims' Routes to Federal Benefits
- Memorandum produced by LIRS and USCCB explaining the different options for a child to obtain federal benefits.
Requesting a Letter of Eligibility for a Trafficked Child
- Memorandum produced by LIRS and USCCB suggesting how to obtain a letter of eligibility from HHS.
Human Trafficking: A Resource Guide to U.S. Law
- The Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles's compilation of legislation, regulations and government memoranda surround the T-visa.