POSITION: Research Assistant: Refugee Services Division
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
STATUS: Exempt, Full Time
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), a nongovernmental, not-for-profit national organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking a Research Assistant for a study of domestic capacity to provide medical care for vulnerable refugees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate and facilitate trainings;
• Organize and conduct primary source interviews;
• Liaise with project sites;
• Manage qualitative and quantitative data;
• Assist in drafting reports or updates, program outreach materials, and other materials; and
• Provide administrative assistance.
The position will report to the Director of Refugee Services Division.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years experience or Master’s degree in health policy or social sciences;
• Knowledge of domestic refugee resettlement processes, including knowledge of refugee health management;
• Strong background in the development of research methodology, data management, and statistical analysis;
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds; and
• Excellent organizational skills.
JOB SITE LOCATION:
Work will be performed at:
2231 Crystal Drive, Suite 350
Arlington, VA 22202
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please submit via email a resume that includes salary history with a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to:
(for e-mail submission place your name and the position in the subject line)
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an employment interview. References will be required at time of interview.