Philanthropy and Fundraising Intern
One internship position available in the Development department of a national refugee resettlement and immigrant rights organization. Intern will provide grant writing assistance and funding research to help the Development team secure new funding opportunities for refugee and immigrant services programs across the country.
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. USCRI offers interns a student-friendly environment and flexible schedule. Interns are provided opportunities to learn more about the organization and the non-profit sector and enhance their professional development through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
• Research potential institutional funding opportunities.
• Work with development team to create innovative funding strategies.
• Donor stewardship using DonorPerfect database.
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
• Social entrepreneurship minded.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to show initiative.
• Professional demeanor and superb verbal communications skills.
• Enthusiasm and positive attitude.
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently, sometimes under demanding deadlines.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
• Interest in the field of philanthropy, fundraising, and nonprofit management.
• Interest in refugee and immigrant rights.
Internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week (interns may not work more than 8 hours per day) and a 10-week commitment. The internship is located at Crystal City-Arlington, VA, 15 minutes from DC.
• Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $160 stipend per month
• Full-time (30-40): $240 stipend per month
• Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day.
To apply for this internship, please send the following application materials VIA EMAIL ONLY to
email@example.com. Specify “Philanthropy and Fundraising Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
• Resume or C.V.
• Cover letter, stating your interest and qualifications
• Brief 3-5 page professional or otherwise relevant writing sample
• Two References (names and contact information only)
This internship is offered every spring, summer, and fall semester. The deadlines for each are as follows:
• Fall: Last day to apply is August 24th, Internship begins in September
• Summer: Last day to apply is May 5th, Internship begins in late May
• Spring: Last day to apply is January 2nd, Internship begins in mid-January