Philanthropy and Fundraising Intern
One internship position available in the Development department of a national refugee resettlement and immigrant rights organization. Intern will provide grant writing assistance and funding research to help the Development team secure new funding opportunities for refugee and immigrant services programs across the country.
• Research potential institutional funding opportunities.
• Work with development team to create innovative funding strategies.
• Donor stewardship using DonorPerfect database.
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
• Social entrepreneurship minded.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to show initiative.
• Professional demeanor and superb verbal communications skills.
• Enthusiasm and positive attitude.
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently, sometimes under demanding deadlines.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
• Interest in the field of philanthropy, fundraising, and nonprofit management.
• Interest in refugee and immigrant rights.
• Full-time (30+ hrs. per week): $100 stipend per month.
• Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $80 stipend per month.
• Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed.
To apply for this internship, please send the following application materials VIA EMAIL ONLY to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “Philanthropy and Fundraising Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
• Resume or C.V.
• Cover letter, stating your interest and qualifications
• Brief 3-5 page professional or otherwise relevant writing sample
• Two References (names and contact information only)
This internship is offered every spring, summer, and fall semester. The deadlines for each are as follows:
• Spring: Last day to apply is December 31, Internship begins in January
• Summer: Last day to apply is April 30, Internship begins in May
• Fall: Last day to apply is August 31, Internship begins in September
*Internships require a minimum 10-week and 15 hours per week commitment. The internship is located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, Crystal City.