POSITION: Management of Information Systems Intern
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), a nongovernmental, nonprofit national organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking a Management of Information Systems Intern. This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. USCRI offers interns a student-friendly environment and flexible schedule. Interns are provided opportunities to learn more about the organization and the non-profit sector and enhance their professional development through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setup, configure, and troubleshoot desktop, laptop, PDA, and peripheral devices.
• Respond to users on various IT requests related but not limited to any hardware or software issues.
• Provide media and projection setup upon user’s request.
• Provide documentation for staff regarding IT processes and procedures
• Knowledge of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Mac OSX operating systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 and Acrobat software
• Basic knowledge of networking and server management
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week (interns may not work more than 8 hours per day) and a 10-week commitment. The internship is located at Crystal City-Arlington, VA, 15 minutes from DC.
• Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $160 stipend per month
• Full-time (30-40): $240 stipend per month
• Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day.
To apply for this internship, please send the following application materials VIA EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “MIS Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
• Resume or C.V.
• Cover letter, stating the basis for your interest in this position and why your qualifications make you the right candidate for this internship
• Two References (names and contact information only)
This internship is offered every spring, summer, and fall semester. The deadlines for each are as follows:
• Fall: Last day to apply is August 24th, Internship begins in September
• Summer: Last day to apply is May 5th, Internship begins in late May
• Spring: Last day to apply is January 2nd, Internship begins in mid-January