POSITION: Fundraising and Nonprofit Development Intern
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), a nongovernmental, not-for-profit national organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, seeks a Fundraising and Nonprofit Development Intern to research foundation and corporate grantmakers. There is one position available for this internship.
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. USCRI offers interns a student-friendly environment and flexible schedule. Interns are provided opportunities to learn more about the organization and the non-profit sector and enhance their professional development through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
• Research potential institutional funding opportunities.
• Work with development team to create innovative funding strategies.
• Donor stewardship using DonorPerfect database.
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
• Social entrepreneurship minded.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to show initiative.
• Professional demeanor and superb verbal communications skills.
• Enthusiasm and positive attitude.
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently, sometimes under pressure.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
• Interest in refugee and immigrant rights.
• Modest stipend is available.
• Local travel expenses to and from the office are reimbursed.
To apply for this internship, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Internship Coordinator: Only applications received via email will be considered for this position. Specify “Development Intern” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
• Resume or C.V.
• Cover letter, stating the basis for your interest in this position and why your qualifications make you the right candidate for this internship
• Brief 3-5 page professional or otherwise relevant writing sample
• Two References (names and contact information only)
This internship is offered every spring, summer, and fall semester. The deadlines for each are as follows:
• Spring: Last day to apply is December 31st; Internship begins in January
• Summer: Last day to apply is April 30th; Internship begins in May
• Fall: Last day to apply is August 31st;, Internship begins in September
*Internships require a minimum 10 weeks and 15 hours per week commitment. The internship is located in the Washington DC metropolitan area, Crystal City.
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer.