POSITION: Design and Production Intern
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), a nongovernmental, not-for-profit national organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, seeks a Design and Production Intern. There is one position available for this internship.
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. USCRI offers interns a student-friendly environment and flexible schedule. Interns are provided opportunities to learn more about the organization and the non-profit sector and enhance their professional development through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
• Assisting the Design and Production Manager in the development of printed and web-based publications, such as the annual report, issue papers, brochures, and direct mail packages.
• Research photos, produce PDFs, and post on website.
• Knowledge of Photoshop essential
• Knowledge of Adobe In-Design, Illustrator, and HTML preferred
• Familiarity with web-based software such as Dreamweaver helpful but not required
• Full-time (30+ hrs. per week): $100 stipend per month
• Part-time (15-30 hrs. per week): up to $80 stipend per month
• Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed
To apply for this internship, please send the following materials to email@example.com, Attn: Internship Coordinator: Only applications received via email will be considered for this position. Specify “Design and Production Internship” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
• Resume or C.V.
• Cover letter, stating the basis for your interest in this position and why your qualifications make you the right candidate for this internship
• Sample(s) of your work
This internship is offered every spring, summer, and fall semester. The deadlines for each are as follows:
• Spring: Last day to apply is December 31st; Internship begins in January
• Summer: Last day to apply is April 30th; Internship begins in May
• Fall: Last day to apply is August 31st; Internship begins in September
*Internships require a minimum 10 weeks and 15 hours per week commitment. The internship is located in the Washington DC metropolitan area, Crystal City.
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer.