POSITION: .NET Developer Intern
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), a nongovernmental, not-for-profit national organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking a .NET Developer intern.
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. USCRI offers interns a student-friendly environment and flexible schedule. Interns are provided opportunities to learn more about the organization and the non-profit sector and enhance their professional development through weekly Brown Bag presentations and mission-related film screenings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform in all phases of database development and Sharepoint development using C# and Microsoft SQL server environment.
• Gather requirements from end-users and Refugee Processing Center.
• Design, implement and test databases and web applications.
• Implement upgrades and backups of database systems.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Related Coursework or experience with Visual Studio, .NET, C#, Transact-SQL and in preparing the technical documentation.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week (interns may not work more than 8 hours per day) and a 10-week commitment. The internship is located at Crystal City-Arlington, VA, 15 minutes from DC.
• Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $160 stipend per month
• Full-time (30-40): $240 stipend per month
• Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day.
To apply for this internship, please send the following application materials via email only to email@example.com. Specify “.NET Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
• Resume or C.V.
• Cover letter, stating the basis for your interest in this position and why your qualifications make you the right candidate for this internship
• Two References (names and contact information only)
This internship is offered every spring, summer, and fall semester. The deadlines for each are as follows:
• Fall: Last day to apply is August 24th, Internship begins in September
• Summer: Last day to apply is May 5th, Internship begins in late May
• Spring: Last day to apply is January 2nd, Internship begins in mid-January