POSITION: Case Manager: Home Study and Post Release Services Case Manager
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
STATUS: Exempt, Full Time
Youth Co-Op, Inc., a nongovernmental, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the social and economic conditions of youth, adults, families, refugees and immigrants in South Florida, is seeking a Case Manager for its Immigrant Children’s Case Management Program, to provide Home Study (HS) and Post Release Services (PRS) for Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assessment of potential placements for UAC, including background interviews and home study
• Providing culturally and linguistically appropriate post placement services and comprehensive case management for UAC;
• Conducting calls, interviews, and home visits with UAC;
• Developing individual case plans with particular attention to culture, language, and special circumstances;
• Maintaining case files;
• Providing information, education, referrals, outreach, advocacy, and support to ensure that each child receives the services they require;
• Assessing the safety and appropriateness of the placement on an ongoing basis using child welfare principles and social work best practices;
• Building a network of local pro bono legal resources/services and care providers to establish services for UAC, facilitating access/removing barriers to those services, and track individual progress via an online database;
• Submitting written reports as required;
• Coordinating/maintaining communication with key stakeholders; and
• Participating in regular training and communication sessions with on-site and case work supervisor and headquarters staff
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BSW);
• Master’s degree (MA or MSW) preferred;
• A minimum of two years’ experience in case management, preferably working with, serving, and advocating on behalf of immigrant and refugee children;
• Fluency in Spanish required (a language proficiency exam is required); proficiency in additional languages a plus;
• Experience in child welfare, child placements, and family preservation;
• Prior experience with social service provision;
• Must possess an extensive knowledge of immigrant community local resources;
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment;
• Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, a clean driving record, and personal transportation. Position requires frequent local and long distance travel;
• Must be able to travel with limited notice;
• Candidate must have dedication to the human rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers and displaced people.
• Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
• Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
• Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
JOB SITE LOCATION:
Youth Co-Op – Broward County – Sheridan Office
7261 Sheridan Street- 2nd Floor Hollywood, FL 33024
Please submit via email a resume that includes salary history with a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an employment interview. References will be required at time of interview.
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
Youth Co-Op, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.