POSITION: Bilingual/Case Aide (Greensboro)
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
STATUS: On-call, Non-exempt
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), a nongovernmental, not-for-profit national organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking Bilingual/Case Aides to work with clients in the Greensboro area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide language support for non-English speaking clients to help navigate and understand program opportunities;
Work with Job Developers and Coordinators to support employment services;
Help with program assessments with language support;
Work with Job Developers, Coordinators, and clients for interviews and initial transportation; and
Provide interpretation in classroom and for training.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment;
Bi-lingual and cultural competence required;
Knowledge of community services;
Knowledge of cultural brokering;
Professional interpreter training a plus;
Knowledge of employment expectations; and
Valid driver’s license.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
JOB SITE LOCATION:
Work will be performed at the Greensboro region of North Carolina.
Please submit via email a resume that includes salary history with a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an employment interview. References will be required at time of interview.
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: March 25, 2014